TheQuote Overviewpage gives you a snapshot view for a specific symbol. Realtime prices are provided by Cboe BZX Exchange on individual U.S. equities quote pages. During market hours, the realtime Cboe BZX price displays and new trade updates are updated on the page (as indicated by a "flash"). Volume will always reflect consolidated markets. If the symbol has pre-market or post-market trades, that information will also be reflected along with the last (closing) price from the symbol's exchange. Realtime prices are available during market hours (9:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST).
Note: The Cboe BZX Exchange currently accounts for approximately 11-12% of all U.S. equity trading each day. As a result, the real-time prices displayed may have minor discrepancies when comparing the information with other sites offering real-time data, or with brokerage firms. If you require comprehensive real-time bids/asks/quotes, we offer a no-risk trial to one of our real-time products.
Barchart Symbol Notes Tutorial(8:43)
The Summary Quoteboard displays snapshot quote data. When available, Bid and Ask information from the Cboe BZX Exchange is updated as new data is received. Volume is also updated but is the delayed consolidated Volume from the symbol's exchange. Quoteboard data fields include:
- Day High / Low: The highest and lowest trade price for the current trading session.
- Open: The opening price for the current trading session is plotted on the day's High/Low histogram.
- Previous Close: The closing price from the previous trading session.
- Bid: The last bid price and bid size.
- Ask: The last ask price and ask size.
- Volume: The total number of shares or contracts traded in the current trading session.
- Average Volume: The average number of shares traded over the last 20 days.
- Weighted Alpha: A measure of how much a stock or commodity has risen or fallen over a one-year period. Barchart takes this Alpha and weights this, assigning more weight to recent activity, and less (0.5 factor) to activity at the beginning of the period. Thus, Weighted Alpha is a measure of one-year growth with an emphasis on the most recent price activity.
A thumbnail of a daily chart is provided, with a link to open and customize a full-sized chart.
This section shows the Highs and Lows over the past 1, 3 and 12-Month periods. Click the "See More" link to see the full Performance Report page with expanded historical information.
For ETFs, this section includes key statistics on the fund, with a link to see more.
- Fund Family: Links to the managing fund family's website.
- Assets Under Management: The total amount of assets ($K) the ETF controls.
- Market Capitalization: capitalization or market value of a stock is simply the market value of all outstanding shares. It is computed by multiplying the market price by the number of outstanding shares. For example, a publicly held company with 10 million shares outstanding that trade at $10 each would have a market capitalization of $100 million.
- Shares Outstanding: Common shares outstanding as reported by the company on the 10-Q or 10-K.
- 60-Month Beta: Coefficient that measures the volatility of a stock's returns relative to the market (S&P 500). It is based on a 60-month historical regression of the return on the stock onto the return on the S&P 500.
- Price/Book: A financial ratio used to compare a company's current market price to its book value.
- Price/Earnings: Latest closing price divided by the earnings-per-share based on the trailing 12 months. Companies with negative earnings receive an "NE."
- Annual Dividend & Yield: The annual dividend rate (trailing twleve months) and yield, calculated from the latest dividend. The dividend rate is the portion of a company's profit paid to shareholders, quoted as the dollar amount each share receives (dividends per share). Yield is the amount of dividends paid per share, divided by the closing price.
- Most Recent Dividend: The most recent dividend paid and the most recent dividend date.
- Sectors: Links to the Industry Groups and/or SIC codes in which the ETF is found.
Highlights important summary options statistics to provide a forward looking indication of investors' sentiment.
- Implied Volatility: The average implied volatility (IV) of the nearest monthly options contractthat is 30-days or more out. IV is a forward looking prediction of the likelihood of price change of the underlying asset, with a higher IV signifying that the market expects significant price movement, and a lower IV signifying the market expects the underlying asset price to remain within the current trading range.
- 30-Day Historical Volatility: The average deviation from the average price over the last 30 days. Historical Volatility is a measurement of how fast the underlying security has been changing in price back in time.
- IV Percentile: The percentage of days with IV closing below the current IV value over the prior 1-year. A high IV Percentile means the current IV is at a higher level than for most of the past year. This would occur after a period of significant price movement, and a high IV Percentile can often predict a coming market reversal in price.
- IV Rank: The current IV compared to the highest and lowest values over the past 1-year. If IV Rank is 100% this means the IV is at its highest level over the past 1-year, and can signify the market is overbought.
- IV High: The highest IV reading over the past 1-year and date it happened.
- IV Low: The lowest IV reading over the past 1-year and date it happened.
- Put/Call Vol Ratio: The total Put/Call volume ratio for all option contracts (across all expiration dates). A high put/call ratio can signify the market is oversold as more traders are buying puts rather than calls, and a low put/call ratio can signify the market is overbought as more traders are buying calls rather than puts.
- Today's Volume: The total volume for all option contracts (across all expiration dates) traded during the current session.
- Volume Avg (30-Day): The average volume for all option contracts (across all expiration dates) for the last 30-days.
- Put/Call OI Ratio: The put/call open interest ratio for all options contracts (across all expiration dates).
- Today's Open Interest: The total open interest for all option contracts (across all expiration dates).
- Open Int (30-Day): The average total open interest for all option contracts (across all expiration dates) for the last 30 days.
Barchart Technical Opinion
The Barchart Technical Opinion widget shows you today'soverally Barchart Opinion with general information on how to interpret the short and longer term signals. Unique to Barchart.com, Opinionsanalyzes a stock or commodity using 13 popular analytics in short-, medium- and long-term periods. Results are interpreted as buy, sell or hold signals, each with numeric ratings and summarized with an overall percentage buy or sell rating. After each calculation the program assigns aBuy, Sell, or Hold value with the study, depending on where the price lies in reference to the common interpretation of the study. For example, a price above its moving average is generally considered an upward trend or a buy.
A symbol will be given one of the following overall ratings:
- Strong Buy (greater than "66% Buy")
- Buy (greater than or equal to "33% Buy" and less than or equal to "66% Buy")
- Weak Buy ("0% Buy" through "33% Buy")
- Strong Sell (greater than "66% Sell")
- Sell (greater than or equal to "33% Sell" and less than or equal to "66% Sell")
- Weak Sell ("0% Sell" through "33% Sell")
The current reading of the 14-Day Stochastic indicator is also factored into the interpretation. The following information will appear when the following conditions are met:
- If the 14-Day Stochastic %K is greater than 90 and the Overall Opinion is a Buy, the following displays: "The market is in highly overbought territory. Beware of a trend reversal."
- If the 14-Day Stochastic %K is greater than 80 and the Overall Opinion is a Buy, the following displays: "The market is approaching overbought territory. Be watchful of a trend reversal."
- If the 14-Day Stochastic %K is less than 10 and the Overall Opinion is a Sell, the following displays: "The market is in highly oversold territory. Beware of a trend reversal."
- If the 14-Day Stochastic %K is less than 20 and the Overall Opinion is a Sell, the following displays: "The market is approaching oversold territory. Be watchful of a trend reversal."
Find exchange traded funds (ETFs) whose sector aligns with the same commodity grouping as the symbol you are viewing. Analysis of these related ETFs and how they are trading may provide insight to this commodity.
Provides a general description of the business conducted by this company.
Most Recent Stories
View the latest top stories from the Associated Press or Canadian Press (based on your Market selection).
Top 10 Holdings
For an ETF, this widget displays the top 10 constituents that make up the fund. This is based on the percent of the fund this stock's assets represent.
For comparison purposes, find information on other symbols contained in the same sector.
As a seasoned financial expert with a deep understanding of market dynamics and financial instruments, I am well-versed in the intricacies of the information provided in TheQuote Overview page. My experience in analyzing market data, trends, and trading strategies allows me to provide a comprehensive breakdown of the concepts mentioned in the article.
Realtime Prices and Cboe BZX Exchange:
- TheQuote Overview page sources realtime prices from the Cboe BZX Exchange for individual U.S. equities. The Cboe BZX Exchange is highlighted as a key player, responsible for around 11-12% of daily U.S. equity trading.
- This section provides a snapshot of quote data, including the day's high and low, opening price, previous close, bid and ask prices with sizes, volume, and average volume. These details are crucial for investors to make informed decisions.
Chart Snapshot and Price Performance:
- The daily chart thumbnail and price performance section offer visual representations of a stock's historical performance over 1, 3, and 12-month periods. This aids in identifying trends and patterns.
- For ETFs, this section includes information on the managing fund family, assets under management, market capitalization, shares outstanding, and other key statistics. Market capitalization is explained as the product of market price and outstanding shares.
- Highlights important statistics related to options trading, including implied volatility, historical volatility, IV Percentile, IV Rank, put/call volume ratio, today's volume, and open interest. These metrics give insights into market sentiment and potential price movements.
Barchart Technical Opinion:
- The Barchart Technical Opinion widget analyzes a stock or commodity using 13 popular analytics, providing buy, sell, or hold signals. It considers short-, medium-, and long-term periods, combining numeric ratings to give an overall percentage buy or sell rating. The 14-Day Stochastic indicator is also factored in, offering additional insights into potential trend reversals.
Related ETFs and Business Summary:
- This section identifies exchange-traded funds (ETFs) related to the commodity grouping of the symbol in view. Understanding related ETFs can provide insights into broader market trends. The business summary offers a general description of the company's operations.
Most Recent Stories and Top 10 Holdings:
- The section features the latest top stories from reputable sources and displays the top 10 constituents of an ETF, providing additional context and information for investors.
In conclusion, TheQuote Overview page serves as a comprehensive tool for investors, aggregating real-time data, historical performance, technical analysis, and related market information to facilitate informed decision-making in the financial markets.